Bonn, 21 December 2020. The Redeker Sellner Dahs law firm has advised Bayer AG in connection with the sale of a biologics facility to a German subsidiary of WuXi Biologics. Located at the site of the Pharmaceuticals Division in Wuppertal, Germany, the facility is to be sold in a package deal along with a long‑term lease and services. WuXi Biologics is planning to manufacture active ingredients for COVID‑19 vaccines and other biologics at the facility. Bayer AG will be supporting the new owner with services as the facility is ramped up for the production of vaccine and other biologics.
The volume of the transaction is around EUR 150 million. The deal is expected to close in the first half of 2021 and is subject to review by government agencies.
Under the project management of Dr. Markus Dierksmeier, Bartholomäus Aengenvoort and Alexander Leidig, Redeker Sellner Dahs is once again assisting Bayer AG in a major transaction.
Legal advisors to Bayer AG from Redeker Sellner Dahs
- Dr Markus Dierksmeier, LL.M., LL.M., Partner, Corporate/M&A – Lead Partner, Bonn
- Bartholomäus Aengenvoort, Partner, Real Estate – Lead Partner, Bonn
- Alexander Leidig, Partner, Real Estate, Bonn
- Dr Cathrin Brünkmans, Associate, Corporate/M&A, Bonn
- Wibke Scheermann, Associate, Corporate/M&A, Bonn
- Florian van Schewick, Senior Associate, Environmental and Planning Law, Bonn
- Julian Ley, Counsel, Environmental and Planning Law, Bonn
- Dr Ulrich Karpenstein, Partner, Investment Control, Foreign Trade Law, Berlin
- Dr Roya Sangi, Máster en Filosofía Política, Senior Associate, Investment Control, Foreign Trade Law, Berlin
- Dr Matthias Kottmann, Maître en Droit, Counsel, Investment Control, Foreign Trade Law, Berlin
- Sabine Wildfeuer, Partner, Intellectual Property, Berlin
- Dr Sebastian Steinbarth, LL.M., LL.M. , Partner, Antitrust and Competition Law, Brussels
Assisting the project from Bayer AG:
- Legal: Dr. Claus Moritz Trube (Senior Legal Counsel, Attorney at Law (in‑house counsel), Law, Patents & Compliance),
- Labour Law: Dr. Jan Schell (Head of Labor & Social Law, Attorney at Law (in‑house counsel)).
- Indirect Taxes: Katrin Berg (Tax Advisor, Group Finance)
Advisor for WuXi Biologics – Heuking Kühn Lüer Wojtek:
- Dirk W. Kolvenbach, Corporate, Düsseldorf
- Michael Pauli, LL.M. , Corporate, Cologne
- Mathis Dick, LL.M. , Real Estate, Düsseldorf
- Michael Below, Public Law, Düsseldorf
- Dr. Bodo Dehne, Investment Control, Düsseldorf